Vampire Hair Therapy
Beautiful, voluminous hair is possible!
Call to book now!
Are you looking for hair loss solutions?
Many think the key to looking youthful starts with a full head of hair. About 50 million American men and 30 million women have male- or female-pattern baldness. Thinning hair can affect the quality of life and self-esteem of many men and women.
An emerging treatment – Vampire Hair Therapy – is helping regrow lost hair.
By now you have probably heard of the “Vampire Facial,” a skin treatment that uses your own blood to help facilitate a glowing, youthful complexion. Using the science behind the vampire facial, PRP hair therapy activates stem cells, stimulating the activity of hair follicles and promoting new hair growth.
Scientists consider Vampire Hair Therapy the most effective treatment for male-pattern baldness, apart from surgery. Use of PRP is a great treatment option for hair loss, with a number of scientifically-based articles showing its efficacy in increasing:
- hair count,
- hair health, and
- the growth phase of hair cycle.
The first results, at 1 to 3 months post-treatment, that patients usually notice is a decrease in hair shedding, followed by early regrowth and improved quality of hair.
How is it done?
Treatment begins with the standard blood draw from the patient’s arm. Then we put blood sample into Magellan TruPRP centrifuge to isolate Platelet Rich Plasma. The plasma is then injected directly into the scalp at the level of the hair follicles. The injections can be combined with microneedling to boost hair follicle awakening. The process is meticulous, with injections across the scalp approximately at every half inch over the area of thinning hair, but typically, the entire process takes less than an hour.
What else should you know?
- Anyone experiencing hair loss is a good candidate for PRP treatment. However, those with early hair loss tend to respond best.
- The treatment is minimally invasive with no downtime.
- There are no side effects from PRP Hair therapy since treatment is based on using your own blood product.
- For the best results, consistency is key. Treatment is usually performed once a month for the first three to four months.
- Optimum results from PRP hair therapy can be seen at three months.
- It is important to keep in mind that PRP therapy can be a part of a multifaceted program to treat hair thinning and loss. Our onsite physician may prescribe medications that help promote hair growth. Topical treatments can also be used.